Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Patient Portal?
The Patient Portal is a service to our patients to allow them direct access to their medical records and the doctors’ office. They may choose to use this as little or as much as they want and can communicate to us how they prefer to be contacted. However, they should be reassured that we will remained staffed as always and are available as before by phone.
How patients can use:
· View Medent chart from home or out of town including personal information, insurance information, medications, problem list, history documents, labs and more.
· Request and cancel appointments.
· Request refills and update medication and allergy list.
· Update family and personal history document.
· Communicate a non-urgent clinical or billing question to their doctor or staff.
How Dallastown Medical Associates can use:
· Providers can send a message to a patient along with lab and x-ray results.
· School and work notes can be sent to patients.
· Lab/x-ray orders and patient education can be sent directly to patients.
· Patients can be reminded of upcoming appointments.
· Doctors and staff can reply to patients’ clinical, scheduling and billing questions.